Airbus Defence & Space takes part in numerous exploration missions collecting data from our Universe, such as BepiColombo, ExoMars, Gaia, Herschel, James Webb Space Telescope, Juice, Rosetta... Obviously, these data are currently mainly used for scientific purposes, but we could imagine improving the use of these data for the general public.
On the other hand, 3D virtual & augmented reality systems have already been developed to visualize Space environment, including for the astronauts of the International Space Station.
TO THE CHALLENGE
Imagine a concept of network game combining virtual reality with scientific data coming from our Space exploration missions:
- Use data coming from our Space exploration missions (ex: pictures from other planets/asteroids...) to invent a new concept
- Define general principles for your network game (ex: social travelling, colonization, etc.)
- Connectivity through Internet could be worthwhile in order to gather users
- Imagine the current technologies you could use to enhance entertainment (ex: Facebook Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, Sony Playstation VR, etc.)
- Build a business model thinking of how to give more value to Space data